- Lower cost than other types of surface heater.
- Highest application temperatures available > 300oC / 572oF
- Minimum / Maximum diameter = 60mm id / 1500mm id
- Minimum / Maximum width: 20mm / 450mm
- Maximum Power density = <25 watts / inch² (3.875w/cm²)
Soloheat Mica Heaters are suitable for low to medium temperature applications. Mica Heaters are suitable for general purpose heating for extruder / injection moulding machine barrels and dies, co-extruders, material transfer pipes and a multitude of other low to medium heat applications.
They are ideal for heating applications where space is limited, and can be made as plates (in a multitude of shapes), wrap around bands in one, two or more segments, or as L and U shapes. We can also fit with backing / clamp plates in order to ensure a tight fit. Mica heaters are suitable for continual use < 250oC / 482oF occasional use <300oC / 572oF
Mica heaters are commonly fitted with terminal box, plug or leads. Other options are available according to client requirements. They can be manufactured as single, dual or three phase heaters.
Mica heater delivery time.
Typical lead time for Mica heaters is 2 - 3 days for small items, 5 – 7 days for more complex units. We confirm manufacturing lead times at the time of quotation.
To order or enquire
Alternatively, e-mail us as much of the following info as possible:
- Inside Diameter
- Termination type (include length if leads)
- Number of Holes / cut outs
- Application of heater
- Qty of heaters required
- Mica heater warranty
Please refer to section 6 of our Terms and Conditions of Business regarding warranty.